All the tofu scrambles I tried so far required quite a lot of… unusual ingredients. There’s nothing wrong with black salt and nutritional yeast but when you’re not necessarily vegan or you are in the beginning of your plant based lifestyle, you probably don’t have these products at home. Here’s a vegan, mustard tofu scramble recipe consisting of products you probably have in your fridge already. There are actually only 4 of them. It’s super quick and full of flavour. If you’re a mustard lover like me, this is a recipe for you.
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 small onion
- 100g (1/2 block) of tofu
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Some oil, salt and pepper
- Heat up some oil and add finely chopped onion.
- Once the onion is soft and golden, add tofu by crumbling it with your fingers over the onion.
- Add the turmeric and mix well.
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper and again-mix well.
Voila! That’s all it takes to make this super easy mustard tofu scramble. Tastes best on a crisp slice of toasted bread with a sprinkle of spring onion.
Check out my autumnal, warming pumpkin soup. Perfect for these chilly, windy days.